My step-sis Marisa is going to make such fun of me for starting a blog! However, the way I see it is I am on my computer so often and it is much easier to keep up with what is going on in our lives on here that keeping a journal. Plus, this way I can start to keep track of all of Graham's developments and new tricks . . . which seem constant these days!
First, I will say that I have the BEST little guy. He is 8.5 months old now and he is sweet, cuddly, caring (yes, he already feeds me his food), talkative, smiley . . . the list really could go on and on. He sleeps really well. He goes down at 6:30pm and normally sleeps until 6:30am. He gets up and talks to himself throughout the night, but is always able to put himself back to sleep. Thank heavens for thumbs! On that note, he is an avid thumb sucker. When he does not know what to do he is either sucking his thumb or running his fingers up and down over his lips to make a silly sound (my little clown).
He really is into Morgan these days. Whenever he spots her he smiles real big. I think she is going to be in a lot of trouble as soon as he figures out how to crawl. He is trying desperately to crawl, but no luck. He has been rocking on all fours for about 6 weeks now and just can not get going which he finds VERY frustrating. He is able to scoot backwards, but that puts him away from the toy and does not make him very happy. Soon enough though . . . I really am in no rush since as soon as he figures it out I will be chasing him everywhere and having to clean the floors more regularly ;)
Currently, I am back to work. Work called me and asked that I help them out while someone is out on maternity leave. I really could not turn it down since they said Graham could stay home with me and we could use the money. It actually has not been that bad. It is not as busy as I had thought it would be which leaves me more time with my little man. I am able to juggle work while he is down for naps or busily muching on some Puffs. Plus, Dave is home and able to help me out when I have a conference call. I am excited for it to be over, but am grateful for the opportunity to earn some extra cash which having my Grahammy with me.
Uncle Brian came to visit last night, which is always so fun. I know I always look forward to it because it consists of dinner, a few beers and lots of laughs. Plus, he got to visit with the Grahamster. Graham was little hesitant of Brian at first but warmed up to him nicely by the end of the night. Uncle Brian tried to show Graham how to crawl but to no avail. He even read Graham 2 bedtime stories which Graham just loved.
I did want to write about our trip to Target the other day because it was just too funny. Graham had been running errands with us for about an hour already and was due for a nap, but he is always a trooper when out and about and really does love to run errands with me. Anyway, I put him in his stroller at Target because Dave had to buy some bins for storage. Well, almost the whole time we were wheeling around Target Graham insisted on sitting spread eagle. All of these nice people are walking by staring at Graham because he has his legs spread wide open holding his feet and smiling at people. I got a few 'wow, he is flexible' comments. The pose was a site to see but was cracking Dave and I up. He is such a clown!!!!
Lastly, before I sign off of my first blogging session I wanted to say that I was so excited this morning while feeding Graham breakfast. I have been working on signing with Graham since he started solids at 5 months. I got more consistent with him around 7 months when he really got into soldis and was eating them more regularly. Well, we have been signing "finished" and "all done" this whole time after the end of every meal. Yesterday when Uncle Brian was here he started signing "finished". He was not doing it at the right time though (doing it while eating and wanting more) and I was not really sure it was voluntary. Well, this morning he did finished at the right time and really meant it! It was so exciting! he looked so proud of himself when I took the food away like he had really gotten his point across. Now, I have even more motivation to keep up with the other signs we have been working on which include Mommy, Daddy, more, milk, tired, and eat. Once we start gettting some of the basics we will expand to new signs. I just love that he can actually communicate with me.
Ok, signing off to do some work while little man is down for his nap.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.